Subject: Re: Other Information
From: John Gross <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Meshew <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 19:36:03 -0800 (PST)

> > Four of us at Amblin (Greg Teegarden, Tony Stutterheim, John Parenteau 
> > and myself) have all bought 100mhz Maximus pentium systems and are very 
> > happy with them running beta PC LW. If you call, talk to Chris and tell 
> > him John Gross sent ya!
> > 
> > 
>     John, could you give the reasons you chose the Maximus pentium 
> system? I would assume that you chose a configuration that supports 
> Windows NT. Any elaboration would help those of us still sorting these 
> confusing configurations out.

We chose Maximus for a couple of reasons:
- They had the system we wanted as a package...
-- 32  megs RAM
-- 1 Gig ScsiIII drive
-- 100 Mhz Pentium
-- Plextor Quad speed CD Rom
-- Imagine 128 Video Card with 4megs VRAM
-- Full Tower case
-- 21 Inch monitor

This is the system we were trying to put together from a lot of 
companies, but they would try to talk us out of SCSI, etc...
Maximus had it all ready to go, so we could get it fast (Tehnology bug 
was biting hard!) 

And, they were close to us in CA, so we could go and pick it up and bring 
in for service if any problem..... (I've had none, but Tony Stutterheim 
had to take his back and they were great with him.......

The system, with Monitor was about $6K, Greg and JP got them w/o monitors 
for about $4.4K.

We are all pretty happy.......

JG